- Professor : Faculty of Engineering, Chiba University (2004.4 -)
- E-mail : sachiyo at faculty dot chiba-u dot jp
I'm a faculty member in National University Corporation Chiba University. I'm interested in multi-agent learning, reinforcement learning, decision-theory, game theory, and social learning.
Before joining Chiba University, I used to work for the robotics institute at Carnegie Mellon University, GMD (Fraunhofer) -Japan Lab., and Kyoto University as a guest associate professor.
Before that, I was a PhD student , with advisor Professor Shigenobu Kobayashi at Tokyo Institute of Technology. And I had the great privilege of working under Professor Stuart Russell at U.C. Berkeley, Professor Katia Sycara at Carnegie Mellon University, and Professor Pat Langley at Stanford University. Finally, I thank Professor Toru Ishida at Kyoto University most sincerely for his invaluable help for my research work.
- B. Eng. - Faculty of Science and Technology, Keio University.
- M. Eng. - Graduate School of Engineering, Tokyo Institute of Technology.
- Dr. Eng. - Graduate School of Engineering, Tokyo Institute of Technology.
- Sony Corporation New Media (developer of Captain System, Video-Tex system)
- University of Tsukuba Graduate School of Business Sciences - Associate Researcher
- University of California, Berkley Computer Science
- Carnegie Mellon University Robotics Institute - Post Doctoral Fellow
- Tokyo Institute of Technology Department of Computational Intelligence and Systems Science, Interdisciplinary Graduate School of Science and Engineering - Research Associate
- Fraunhofer Institut Autonome Intelligente Systeme (GMD-Japan Research Laboratory) - Research Scientist
- Kyoto University Graduate School of Informatics - Visiting Associate Professor (COE)
- Stanford University
- National Institute of Informatics - Visiting Associate Professor
- Chiba University Faculty of Engineering - Professor
- 1991.04 - The Japanese Society for Artificial Intelligence Regular Member
- 1992.09 - American Association for Artificial Intelligence Regular Member
- 1999.09 - Association for Computing Machinery Regular Member
- 2005.04 - The Society of Instrument and Control Engineers Regular Member
- 2005.04 - The Institute of Electrical Engineers of Japan Regular Member
- 2008.04 - Japan Society for Simulation Technology Regular Member
- 2008.04 - Japan Society of Civil Engineers Regular Member
- 2008.04 - The Operations Research Society of Japan Regular Member
- 2008.02 - Economics with Heterogeneous Interacting Agents Program Committee
- 2009.04 - Intelligent and Evolutionary Systems Program Committee
- 2018.01 International Joint Conferences on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI) Program Committee